VideoRay CoPilot RI by SeeByte performs target reacquisition and identification missions in support of amphibious landings, EOD MCM operations, harbors and shipping lane (Q-route) clearance.
CoPilot RI is Common Operator Interface (COIN) and SeeTrack compliant, allowing for the automated geodetic processing of AUV, SSS, diver, and GIS data to maneuver autonomously to pre-designated underwater locations.
Easily transported by small boat or RHIB to a secure GPS launch point, CoPilot RI can safely investigate underwater objects of interest in a Mine Danger Area (MDA). CoPilot RI self-propels and navigates using pre-planned data to commence target reacquisition and identification with high definition sonar and low light video. CoPilot RI allows personnel to maintain a safe standoff distance from hazardous items, keeping the diver out of the water and giving the operational commander additional capacity of limited diver resources.
While other ROVs provide some limited search capability, RI CoPilot takes this capability to the next level, allowing personnel to specify a particular area to be searched and enables the ROV to perform the search autonomously.
CoPilot RI can perform a wide range of underwater search missions and relay
information in real-time to provide the following immediate benefits:
• Autonomous Localization, Identification, and Reacquisition of
• Common Operator Interface Navy (COIN) compliant to provide mission
planning, real time monitoring and post-processing software tool kit for
rapid on-site analysis and fusion of sensor data, including side scan sonar,
imaging sonar, and video from unmanned, towed, tethered systems and
autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) (COIN is integrated with the US
Navy’s Mine Warfare and Environmental Decision Aids Library (MEDAL))
• Pre-programmable to conduct lawnmower trajectories and provide highresolution sensor data to assure a 100% coverage rate with point and
click target marking and reacquisition
• Rapidly assess and mitigate underwater hazards without placing a diver in
the water or unnecessarily tagging out a ship
• Removes divers from in water search to reduce personnel
• Frees personnel for other tasks reducing manpower requirements
• Man-portable for rapid, easy deployment
• Low maintenance
• COTS system with 2,200+ ROVs sold and delivered world-wide
• Established logistics and maintenance support capabilities