6. Exploitation of Commercial & New Technologies
The exploitation of commercial technology into the undersea environment presents significant challenges & opportunities. The rapid growth in undersea commercial infrastructure provides a parallel to military development & may force the pace. Papers that address developments in the underwater environment that will have an impact on the demands and provision of defence and security capability are sought. In addition papers that discuss recent or proposed experiments with commercially available or novel technologies will be welcomed at UDT 2020.
- Read across from mass consumer technology
- Reports on experiments with commercial or novel technologies
- Reports on technology demonstrators
- Assessing users appetite for adopting new technologies
- Rapid acquisition processes
Note, due to the condensed conference programme, this pillar is not allocated to specific session themes at UDT 2020.