How to enter >>
The DisTec Undersea Challenge invites innovators and progressive organisations to showcase their solutions which can positively impact the future of undersea defence. This must be a product launched within the last 18 months or a concept currently in development.
Our expert panel will evaluate the entries in a competitive 'digital' environment, based around this innovation assessment criteria.
Entries are free of charge.
Companies or individual contributors are invited to submit an entry to the DisTec Undersea Challenge, comprising:
- Video: 3-5 minute ‘pitch’ (filmed on a smart phone is acceptable!)
- Written: 100-word summary
- Supporting materials: Up to 5 x PowerPoint slides containing further information, such as user applications, customer/partner feedback (if applicable), case studies, images and so on
All qualifying entries will be displayed on the competition website.
Selected finalists will proceed to the Grand Final on 30 June 2021, which will be broadcast live as a free-to-attend webinar. Each finalist will have an allocated slot to pitch their entry.
The Grand Final will also feature a series of quickfire presentations from the judging panel and invited guests.
During the Grand Final, the judges will deliver feedback on each presentation before determining the overall winner.
In addition, a “People’s Choice Award" will be decided by an online vote on the event website.
Voting will end on Friday 25 June, allowing website visitors to vote once for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entry, with weighted points awarded accordingly.
Why take part >>
Benefits to participants
All entrants will benefit from significant digital exposure to drive awareness of their brand or project to the UDT community and a wider naval audience.
This will include:
- Prolonged exposure on the event website
- Inclusion in email communications to the UDT community
- PR support and coverage from event media partners
- Associated content/promotion on social media channels
- 'In-person' opportunities at UDT 2021 (This may include speaking slots or hosting a demonstration)
- Finalists will also benefit from participation in the Grand Final webinar.
The winner of the Judge’s Award and People’s Choice can choose from:
- Free-of-charge 6sqm stand in at UDT2021, or equivalent discount on larger stands
- Two conference and networking passes
Both prizes have an approximate value of £4,000.