This webinar will explore the Platform Design pillar. Participants will pick up on the latest themes which influenced the selection of papers for this year’s conference, and identify some of the questions, priorities and challenges in these topic areas.
- Mr Jeff Owen, Consultant, AtebTec Ltd (Moderator)
- Mr Nigel Whybrow, Future Submarines & Technology Director, Babcock International Group
- Mr Aymeric Bonnaud, Director of the CEMIS within “Naval Research”, Naval Group
- Captain Ivan Stace, Submarine Capability – SSN Pillar Lead Ministry of Defence, Royal Navy Defence Nuclear Organisation
- Mr Anthony Covarrubias, Senior Manager, Naval Group
What to expect?
This stream typically features technical and scientific papers exploring new ideas and innovations in submarine platform design. From early stage design processes, technological advancement in areas such as power and propulsion, to techniques and process associated with reducing cost and increasing platform availability during the in-service phase of the lifecycle. This webinar will focus on four key areas:
- Early Stage Concept Design
- Battery Technology
- Fuel Cells
- In-Service Support
Additionally, the panel will explore areas raised by questions from the audience related to the Platform Design stream.
WATCH ON DEMAND